Friday, November 09, 2007

Weekend drive


I decided to escape the clutches of the city this weekend and spend some time alone to clear out my head. With a full tank of gas and some selected tracks on the player I set out early in the morning( thinking to myself " to infinity and beyond.." :) ). I stuck to the Arabian gulf street and drove at a moderate pace enjoying the early morning sunlight and cool breeze. After Ahmadi I headed straight towards the Saudi border crossing Shuaiba, Julai'a, Wafra and Kiran. I wanted to keep going till I reached the border but turned back after the resort at Kiran and plus I was supposed to meet a friend of mine in the city and didnt want to keep him waiting.

Stats

Distance covered ; 257.3 kilometers

Fuel consumed (car) ; approx 24 liters Super

Fuel consumed(driver) ; one veggie sandwich

Initial reading


Final Reading

Soundtracks ;

Lenny Kravitz - Fly away
Apollo 440 - Aint talkin bout dub
Crystal Method - Starting over
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
Rare Earth - I just want to celebrate
Van Halen - Dreams
U2 - Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
Linkin park - Somewhere I belong
Coolio - Fantastic voyage
Styx - Lady
3 Doors Down - Loser
The verve - Lucky man
Joe Satriani - Summer Song
Joe Satriani - Flying in a blue dream

& assorted songs on the radio

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin