Tuesday, October 14, 2008

They're not toys!

"They're not toys!" is what I usually say in my defense when my parents/wife accuses me of 'playing' my anime scale models. Yes I have a collection of action figures and robot models, but hey! they're collector's items and I like to photograph them.

There are thousands of people out there like me who like to collect and display their prized collections for all the world to see. Kids from my generation grew up watching shows like Mazinjer, Grendizer, Thundercats, Voltron and many other great shows ! It gives me a warm nostalgic feeling when I see the figures my brother and I collected in the 80's. We currently have a good amount of them.. GI Joes, Thundercats, Batman, Gundams etc. And once again I'd like to say...
They're not toys!! :)

Here are some shots I took recently...

Ready for Battle

Taste cold steel

Evil laugh

2 comments:

nibs said...

thats a nice piece, why don't you post some more of your collection....

Anonymous said...

No no noooo T O Y S and I happen to love Thunder cats! I remember back in the days - yes I am old - on TV I'd sit on the floor in front of it or when Hardeez gave them away with meal, the figures.. wow! Good ol'days! I will start collecting them and taking pics- maybe Barbie pics lol

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin