Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Joe Satriani - Professor Satchafunkilus And The Musterion Of Rock - Review


This man is a Guitar god and I've had the pleasure of meeting him in person and watching him play "Surfing with the alien" and other fantastic numbers live in concert. Recently due to busy work and family schedules I haven't really had time to spend quality time with a god album. I got this album to play on my player while traveling this summer and have been listening to it on the way to work this past week.

On the whole this album is not very different from his past work but some of the lightning fast techniques and 'awesome-ness' is missing. There is more of an emphasis on funk and classic guitar styles. I especially like the track "Asik Vaysel". And some trivia, his son plays the Sax in the intro on "Professor Satchafunkilus" :)

Give this album a listen.. Satch fans and guitar lovers wont be disappointed.


Tracks

.Musterion
.Overdriver
.I Just Wanna Rock
.Professor Satchafunkilus
.Revelation
.Come On Baby
.Out of the Sunrise
.Diddle-Y-A-Doo-Dat
.Asik Vaysel
.Andalusia

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin