Sunday, March 25, 2007

Rain




"...Rain is what the thunder brings
For the first time I can hear my heart sing
Call me a fool but I know I'm not
I'm gonna stand out here on the mountain top
Till I feel your Rain,
I feel it, it's coming..."

Lyrics from 'Rain' by Madonna


The skies were overcast and dark today, bringing with it the promise of rain. It did rain but not as much as I expected. Oh how I miss the Monsoon! There is something about the monsoon that’s hard to explain…you can feel a certain "charge" in the air, the atmosphere is alive with electricity and the smell of earth as it soaks in the bounty from the heavens. For me the best way to experience the glory of the monsoon is from the comfort of my bedroom balcony which overlooks a small canal and lush green grounds. I can picture myself relaxing in my easy chair, my dear Rex (may he rest in peace) at my feet and a tray with a pot of freshly brewed coffee and some hot somosas!!




Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of the rains in kerala on my computer at the moment, but I do have a couple of pics from a memorable bike ride I had during the rainy season. The shots are of a place called “Doddaalmaram” Its about 50 kilometers from Bangalore city, and the only access is by trail roads, a hell of a ride if your motorcycle is not setup for off road riding!! My back still hurts when I think about it :)
Hope I get to see the monsoons soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin