Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thai Chow King

Last weekend we decided to try out this Thai restaurant my friend JJ recommended. Its a very small place with 5 tables but we got seats since we were the only ones there on Saturday night!
The staff are all Thai and that was reassuring coz I wanted authentic Tom Yum and Panang curry.

We ordered Soups and Spring rolls for starters; the soups were very fresh light and spicy while the rolls were alright. The shrimp in my Tom Yum soup were medium sized and done to perfection, I also had a little of the beef noodle soup my wife ordered and it was good too.









The main courses were quite good and we enjoyed every juicy morsel of beef and chicken. I must warn you that the dishes are quite spicy and may not be easy to handle for some people, yes even Indians !









Service is quick and friendly and the place is neat and tidy, thats all I can say coz its such a small place and there's nothing to mention about ambiance or 'fine dining experience'

Location: in Al Riggae, between the 5th anf $th ring roads, behind Marzouk building.
Wikimapia location [link]

Phone: 2489 3338
Mobile: 6652 7388


3 comments:

mario said...

Hey, how come I didn't bump into you there? And you reviewed it the same day I did. This is becoming a habit! :)

Mathai said...

talk about coincidence!

Check out Mario's review here
http://alvares.in/mario/20090621/review-thai-chow-king/

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin