Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I'm an Otaku

Otaku (おたく/オタク) is a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime, manga, and video games.

I wouldn't call myself obsessed but I do tend to get carried away with my hobbies sometimes. I've always been intrigued with Japanese culture and their television series since I was a kid. Even at this age I watch anime and buy Japanese hobby kits to build in my spare time.























One thing which I could never understand was the Japanese infatuation with cuteness and miniature things. Gundam models come in a variety of scales and shapes but recently I was tempted into buying an "SD" Gundam. SD stands for Super Deformed and they're quite popular in Japan. What they do is take a normal proportioned character and then deform the proportions to make it look child-like or cute.

I just finished this set and now I understand why they're crazy about it, it does look nice !

Note: this is a Grade 2 skill kit and can be finished easily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are we shortly going to be seeing an Otaku Anonymous chapter to the likes of AA opening in Kuwait?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin