Monday, February 16, 2009

Bombay street food


One of the best ways to experience a new place is to take a walk around its busy streets and sample the local street food. I was warned about pick pockets and food poisoning when I landed in Bombay so I was very careful in eating out but never the less I couldn't leave the place without trying their authentic Vada Pav and Pav Bhaji.

I didnt get a shot of the Vada Pav coz my hands were full and juggling your plate and camera while in a busy street is not that easy so I got a pic from Wikipedia;

Vada Pav

The rest were shot in the Juhu beach area where they have a lot of these food stalls

Making Bhaji

Pav Bhaji

I wanted to try a local ice popsicle called Kola Ice but when I saw the colors used in the making I had seconds thoughts and opted out.. What the hell is in that coloring ?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin