Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mutla revisited


I revisited Mutla this weekend as some friends from work had read my previous post about this region and were intrigued by the landscape and wanted to see it for themselves. Luckily for us there wasn't much dust on Friday morning but the skies werent as cooperative as last time and hence the photos are not as good as before.


Its a shame not many expats know about this place and the look on my friend's faces was a clear indicator that the Mutla ridge is an impressive sight for a newcomer to Kuwait.

Heres the place on the map and the [Wikimapia link]

7 comments:

Manal said...

I do remember this place very well
my father use to take us there
:)

you brought to me the nice memories
:)
thank you

Anonymous said...

wow, it looks swell.. do we need a 4x4 to get there?
it would be swell to do a trip like this.. more important is it safe to do this with a single vehicle or do we need to go in groups?

Anonymous said...

Maan...it looks sooooo empty and spooky.

Though I enjoy long drives.....I wudnt set out on such adventures, with so few souls. Wud rather prefer a dozen or more ppl with some solid body armour......wink.

Btw....were you the one....practising 'penalty' kicks?

Mathai said...

Manal: yes its a beautiful place. You are welcome :)

purple: you dont really need a 4x4 to get there but if you want to venture off the main road and explore the desert in that area you need a capable vehicle.
Its safer to travel in a group.

Jonyboy: there were 6 of us ready for action so no worries. I was the one taking the photos and my friends were taking penalty shots. :)

Anonymous said...

don't forget to invite us the next time u decide to go !

MacaholiQ8 said...

Reminds me of this. Certainly a place to visit in Kuwait. :)

Mathai said...

purple: well I dont think i'll be going to the desert anytime soon with all the dust hanging around :(

MacaholiQ8: that's a fantastic experience! thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin